What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is a natural state of deep relaxation similar to daydreaming, sometimes called “focused awareness”
- A hypnotherapist works with the Subconscious Mind, the part of us where dreams, feelings, memories attitudes and behaviours are created and stored and where they can be changed.
- During the “trance” state, the critical censor of the Conscious Mind is bypassed so that a state of intensified attention, concentration and responsiveness can take place.
- In this pleasant state it is possible to reprogram and recondition negative emotions and destructive behavior patterns into life-affirming ones.
How many sessions will I need?
- One of the greatest discoveries of the last century is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. Hypnosis has been proven time and again to be highly effective in bringing about such change
- The number of sessions required depends entirely on the individual. Each treatment is carefully designed to meet the personal need of the client.
- In your initial consultation the nature of your case will be discussed in depth and a course of treatment best suited to your needs can be agreed upon.
- Each session lasts 1 hour. Please note for cancellations 48 hours notice is required for the Southside Centre location (86 Causewayside) or 7 days for the EGI location (51 Lothian road) or a charge will be made.
Fears and Concerns
- Trance is a state people enter when they are sick, endangered or frightened or as a result of long-distance running, dancing, repetitive chanting, spinning and when remembering events or reviewing dreams.
- Anyone who wants to be can be hypnotised. All hypnosis is self-induced. The hypnotist is merely your guide.
- Hypnosis cannot make you do something against your moral values.
- It would impossible for hypnosis to make you do anything you didn’t want to
- Anybody who is hypnotised retains total control of their own actions and healing process.